Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Crave It!

Matthew 14:23 “After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.”
Luke 6:12 says “One day soon afterward Jesus went up on a mountain to pray, and he prayed to god all night.”

Do you have a place?  You need a place. Really, you need a couple places. 
When you read the Gospels, you don’t have to go far to read verses like the ones above. I think you will notice that Jesus made it a habit to go to a certain place and spend time with His Heavenly Father. Jesus liked the mountains, evidently.

Do you have a place where you regularly meet with God?  If you don’t, then get them ASAP. If you are going to deepen your relationship with Jesus in 2019, it's going to require you spend time with Him, regularly.What you do with that time is up to you, but you must spend time regularly with God to know God.

Lately,  have a couple places. Neither place is any big deal. One is my living room couch. Ronda leaves for work by 7am and then, Cooper (our dog) and I sit down and I dive into the Word. Daily. My other place is, randomly in Moses Lake. Currently, I go there weekly, and while Cooper is in rehab (leg stuff) I head over to Starbucks pop in the earbuds and listen to the Bible on-line and journal.

My point…do you have a place to meet with the Lord and if you don’t, figure it out…NOW!
What do you do when you get there? That’s on you a little…Jesus prayed all night….
I read my Bible…Pray…then read my Bible some more.
A person could write out their prayers. A person could memorize scripture.  Read. Meditate. Journal. The thing that is important…consistency.
Small deposits over a long period of time have an accumulative effect.

And it may seem awkward at first….just you there….but over time…you will develop a rhythm with Him you will CRAVE.  Your place can play an important role and your body will start to signal, hey its time to be with the Lord.  I think its good to have a second space you get to once a week or twice a month, a place where you simply won’t be hurried in your “God-time”.

The reason I CRAVE time with the Lord is because I am desperate for Him. I need Him, not just inspiration for a weekly teaching …I need Him! I need to Pray, and listen and meditate, and think.

I hope this year you can create a place where you lean in to God, and just watch Him draw near to you. He promised he would do that. 
So your homework…find the place….convert that spare room that has been vacant for 2 years, Go down to the river, Roasters. Whatever it takes.  Go there often to meet with God and He promises that He will meet with you.

Love God – Love People – Change Your World

No comments: